Dumpster Rental Commack NY
The Benefits of Recycling for the Planet – And What Materials Can Be Recycled
It’s no secret that recycling is important for the health of our planet. That’s why Junk Raps prides themselves on making sure that they recycle as much of the materials they remove as they possibly can. In fact, it’s their commitment to recycling for the betterment of the environment is just one of the many things that sets Junk Raps apart from other junk removal and carting services on Long Island. When you choose this company for your junk removal and carting needs, you can have peace of mind knowing that not only will your space be cleaned out quickly and efficiently, but that the refuse that is removed will be disposed of in an ecologically-friendly way.
While you can count on Junk Raps to recycle your materials, it’s definitely helpful to know how you can get a leg-up on the recycling process before their crew clears out your space. Or, if you plan on renting one of their dumpsters so you can clear out your own space, it’s important to know what materials you can recycle before just tossing them to the curb (or into a dumpster).
What Can You Recycle?
Whether you have accumulated a mass of clothing, shoes, and accessories that you want to get rid of, you want to dispose of old electronics, or you have basic household materials that you are looking to toss, don’t make the mistake of simply trashing them. Believe it or not, many of the things in your home or in a commercial space can be recycled. A lot of what you just assume is junk can actually be recycled and reused.
Here’s a look at some common items (both expected and unexpected) that can be carted and recycled.
- Paper products. Newspapers, old documents, junk mail, phone books, and even boxes full of papers that have been shredded can be recycled and turned into new paper products.
- Aluminum. Aluminum cans that are used to store food and beverages can be recycled into new aluminum items.
- Glass. Glass items, such as drinking glasses, glass bottles, glass jars, and other items made of glass can be melted down and transformed into something new. You can also repurpose these items in innovative ways for your own personal use; for instance, glass mason jars can be used as functional and attractive storage for office supplies, like push pins or paper clips.
- Plastics. Not all plastic materials can be recycled, but many can. Look at the bottom of your plastic containers; if you see a 1, 2, or 4 on them, they can be recycled and turned into something new. You can also recycle plastic bags!
- Cardboard. Boxes made of cardboard can be handy for storing items that you may want to keep, but if you would rather toss them, don’t just throw them away; they can be recycled!
- Personal items. If you are getting rid of clothing, books, shoes, or other personal items, instead of throwing them out, see if you can donate them. These items can surely be used by someone else in need.
While you’re in the midst of clearing out your junk, be mindful of anything that could be hazardous, such as CFL light bulbs, old ink and toner cartridges, and batteries. These items are harmful to the environment and should never be placed in a landfill. Contact your local refuse company to find out how to properly dispose of these items. Whenever you’re in doubt about tossing things out, you can ask your town or garbage company about recycling and how to dispose of your junk in an ecologically-friendly way.
The Benefits of Recycling for the Planet
Why should you care about recycling? Because it benefits our planet in so many ways. Some of the biggest ways recycling helps the planet include:
- Reduced waste in landfills. It can take decades or even centuries for some items to decompose in a landfill, and some items will never decompose. The less you put into a landfill, the better off the planet will be.
- Conservation of valuable natural resources. Many of the items that you use on a daily basis are made from natural resources, or require the use of natural resources to make. Oil and ore are just some of these resources. Once they’re gone, they’re gone for good. Recycling reduces the amount of natural resources that are used, preserving them for future generations.
- Reduces the emission of greenhouse gasses, as recycling emits far less greenhouse gasses than producing new products.
To learn more recycling tips for your junk, or to find out about the carting and recycling processes used by Junk Raps, give them a call today! We only have one planet; it’s up to us to make sure that it’s in good health, and recycling is one of the best ways we can do just that!